Welcome to my portfolio website. Since graduating from Central Saint Martins, London in 2001, I have worked in a wide variety of roles whilst living in both London, England and Brussels, Belgium.
During my career, I have worked within the fields of Art & Design, Marketing and Communications. I’ve acquired a broad Creative & Client Services skillset, which I constantly enhance through professional collaboration, further education and answering client briefs. Through completion of numerous graphic design, video & web design projects I have become an experienced Adobe CC user. As a production designer / film maker, some of my most enjoyable work has included directing and editing music videos for bands as well as co-directing / producing short films with known actor’s such as George Harris (Layer Cake, Raiders of the lost Arc).
In the music industry, I enjoyed a ten-year period working as a live music event promoter, hosting events at 3-600 capacity venues in both London & Brussels. I collaborated with bands, talent agencies, record labels and ticket vendors to successfully market over fifty events. To promote ticket sales, I executed marketing campaigns across multiple channels. Advertising above the line with PPC Facebook Ads & paid post boosts on Social media, and below the line in newspapers & magazines, such as the Guardian Guide, G2 & TimeOut. For further information on my work in the music industry, please visit: www.breakconvention.net
In addition to the above, between 2002 & 2010 I worked for various Architectural & Engineering Design practices such as WSP & SOM. During this period, I gained valuable knowledge of project management, planning (Sequencing, Access & Logistics), architectural design process (CAD Management, RIBA Plan of Work) & information management (BIM), whilst working on numerous large scale (Public & Private) commercial development projects. These included: The London 2012 Olympics. The Shard, London Bridge. Westfield, Shepherds Bush. Sky TV Studios / Harlequin 1.
Currently, I work with Campfire Creative a video production company based in London. The Campfire team travel the world to create breath-taking video content & world-class photography for a mix of high profile brands, entrepreneurs & NGO’s. For more information on my work with Campfire, please visit: www.campfire-creative.com
- Illustrator – Digital, Pencil, Pastel, Ball Point, Charcoal.
- Painting – Watercolor, Acrylic.
- Printing – Silkscreen, Etching, Computer Reprographics.
- Graphic Design – Adobe CC User, In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop User.
- Photography – Canon EOS DSLR, Adobe Photoshop, Light Room User.
- Design Management – RIBA Plan of Work, experience of delivering commercial design packages in stages C&D. Information & CAD Management process.
- Interior Design – Perspective Drawing, 2D & 3D Scale Visualization, Floor Planner User. Furniture design.
- Production Design –Experience of script visualization and storyboard creation, Interior & costume/fashion design.
- Video Direction – Experienced music video director, studio & live concert performance cinematography.
- First Assistant Direction – Experienced assistant Director, preparing actors, maintaining production schedules.
- Cinematography – Canon DSLR User. Multiple Lens, Fluid head Tripod, Pro LED lighting Kit Owner/User.
- Producing – Experience of film financing, casting, line producing. Logistics & time management.
- Music Promotion – Experienced Live Event Marketeer, talent booker.
- Event/Venue Management – Experienced staff manager (Technical A&V & Bar), front and back of house, box office, security. Contract Negotiation; venue, catering, talent.
- Video Editor – Adobe Premiere & Adobe Audition User.
- Animation – Go Animate User.
Plate up is a beautiful example of cookery book design. Sharp photography, clear typography and a simple, fresh layout make it one of the finest examples we’ve seen – Bob Books
Ross produced the Foodwe logo, our animated videos in 4 different languages and managed our social media, to ensure consistent communication across all touch points.
To date, Foodwe videos have collectively attracted over 5,000 views on YouTube. So far, the project has helped facilitate the re-distribution of over 20, 000 tons of food to charities in Belgium. In 2015, Foodwe won ‘The European Week, Waste Reduction Award’ a competition that received over 12,000 entries.
It is a real pleasure to work with Ross. Apart from a creative mind, he is pragmatic and produces high quality deliverables respecting both timing and budgets. In addition to these outstanding professional credentials, Ross is a fun and great guy to spend time with – Olivier Neufkens, Foodwe – NGO Founder
Breakconvention Live (Ross Clements) consistently promoted well attended Live music events, that produced strong ticket sales results and made great bar takes for The Borderline, London – Gemma Gilford – Mama, Venue Manager
TV Brussels, report on Breakconvention Lives’ Gig @ Aloft Schuman, Brussels, Featuring ‘In Their Thousands’ 04.04.14. Broadcast on ‘TV Brussel’ & ‘Canvas’, Belgian TV Channels in early April 2014.
Alternative Radio X Interview: ‘In Their Thousands’ Live @ Aloft, Schuman, Brussels 04.04.14 Preview.
Gigwise: Breakconvention live @ Bush Hall 03.04.14, Showcase Preview
The Word Magazine, Brussels: Breakconvention Live @ Beursschowburg, Brussels 03.03.12
Addict Music: Review of Breakconvention Live @ The Borderline 03.12.11
Ladies Toilet: Review of Breakconvention Live @ The Borderline 15.10.11
Signed & numbered, limited edition matte finish prints of my Illustrations are available upon request.
As a seasoned freelance collaborator, I am always prepared to discuss projects, travel for work, listen to ideas.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss a commission, creative project or freelance work opportunity.