Welcome to my portfolio site. Here I present a selection of my work that represents what I do best…
Since graduating from Central Saint Martins, London in 2001. I have worked in a wide variety of creative roles, whilst living in both London, England & Brussels, Belgium.
I have a great passion for communications, video & image creation. I continuously seek to enhance this skillset. To date, I have directed and edited music videos for bands, directed live performance shoots in 2000+ Capacity venues, produced animated content for NGO’s, and worked with known actor’s such as George Harris co star of the film ‘Layer Cake’.
In the music business, I enjoyed a ten year, career as a live music event promoter, collaborating with bands, talent agencies and record labels to successfully market over 50 events. To drive ticket sales, I executed marketing campaigns across multiple channels. Advertising above the line with PPC Facebook Ads & paid post boosts on Social media, and below the line in newspapers & magazine’s, such as the Guardian Guide, G2 & TimeOut. For further information on my work in music, please visit: www.breakconvention.net
In addition to the above, between 2002 & 2010, I worked on a freelance contact basis for various architectural & design practices in London, such as WSP & SOM. Gaining valuable knowledge of planning, CAD, RIBA design process & information management best practice, on commercial development projects.
Currently, I work with Campfire Creative, a production company, based in London. The Campfire team, travel the world to create breathtaking video content & world-class photography for a mix of high profile brands, entrepreneurs & NGO’s. For more information on my work with Campfire, please visit: www.campfire-creative.com
- Illustrator – Pencil, Pastel, Ball Point, Charcoal
- Painting – Watercolor, Acrylic
- Printing – Silkscreen, Etching, Computer Reprographics
- Graphic Design – Adobe CC User, In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop User
- Photography – Canon EOS DSLR & Adobe Light room User
- Design Management – Knowledge of RIBA work plan, experience of delivering commercial design packages in stages C&D. Information & CAD Management process.
- Interior Designer – Perspective Drawing, 2D & 3D Visualization, Floor Planner User. Furniture Designer
- Production Designer –Experience of script visualization and storyboard creation, Interior & costume/fashion design
- Director – Experienced music video director, studio & live concert performance cinematography.
- First Assistant Director – Experienced assistant Director, preparing actors, maintaining production schedules.
- Cinematographer – Experience of DSLR, Super 8 Film making.
- Producer – Experience of film financing, casting, line producing. Logistics & time management.
- Promoter – Experienced live music event promoter, talent booker.
- Event Manager – Experienced staff manager (AV & Bar), front of house, box office, security. Contract Negotiation; venue, catering, talent.
- Video Editor – Adobe Premiere & Audition User
- Animation – Go Animate User.
Plate up is a beautiful example of cookery book design. Sharp photography, clear typography and a simple, fresh layout make it one of the finest examples we’ve seen – Bob Books
Ross produced the Foodwe logo, 4 animated videos in 4 different languages and updated all our social media channels, ensuring consistent communication on all touch points.
To date, Foodwe videos have collectively attracted over 5,000 views on YouTube. So far, the project has helped facilitate the re-distribution of over 20, 000 tons of food to charities in Belgium. Foodwe recently won ‘The European Week, Waste Reduction Award 2015’ a competition with over 12,000 project entries.
It is a real pleasure to work with Ross. Apart from a creative mind, he is pragmatic and produces high quality deliverables respecting both timing and budgets. In addition to these outstanding professional credentials, Ross is a fun and great guy to spend time with – Olivier Neufkens, Foodwe – NGO Founder
Breakconvention Live (Ross Clements) consistently produced & marketed, well attended Live music events, which made decent ticket sales profits & great bar takes for The Borderline, London – Gemma Gilford – Mama, Venue Manager
TV Brussels, report on Breakconvention Lives’ Gig @ Aloft Schuman, Brussels, Featuring ‘In Their Thousands’ 04.04.14. Broadcast on ‘TV Brussel’ & ‘Canvas’, Belgian TV Channels in early April 2014.
Alternative Radio X Interview: ‘In Their Thousands’ Live @ Aloft, Schuman, Brussels 04.04.14 Preview.
Gigwise: Breakconvention live @ Bush Hall 03.04.14, Showcase Preview
The Word Magazine, Brussels: Breakconvention Live @ Beursschowburg, Brussels 03.03.12
Addict Music: Review of Breakconvention Live @ The Borderline 03.12.11
Ladies Toilet: Review of Breakconvention Live @ The Borderline 15.10.11
Signed & numbered, limited edition matte finish prints of my Illustrations are available upon request.
As a seasoned freelance collaborator, I am always prepared to discuss projects & listen to ideas. Please feel free to contact me to discuss a commission, creative project or freelance opportunity.